Skip to main content

New Life, New Job, Same Goals


Hi Friends!

It's been a while.  I lost my blogging mo-jo a few years back just before everything in my life changed.  I've been through a time of extreme reflection, growth and change.  I left my marriage in 2017, started an amazing new job at Kelowna's NEW 103.1 Beach Radio in the spring of 2018 and somewhere in there found the love of my life.


This period of adjustment has been at it's core, a shift to happiness.  Ensuring my daughters are happy and secure in the new arrangement has been of paramount importance.  This transition has been so worth while but as with any new journey some of the old, familiar things fall by the wayside.  


If you follow me on social media or if you read this blog when it was active (2011-2014), you know that healthy eating and exercise have always been part of my daily life.

Through my 20's and 30's, I was up and out of bed at the crack of dawn running, riding or doing some form of exercise.  I'm still up before the sun but now I go to work at 5 AM instead of to the gym.  This shake up in schedule has definitely impacted my physical fitness.  For the first time in my adult life I don't exercise regularly and I eat bread almost every day!  I have to share that my size hasn't really changed but I definitely notice a change in muscle and skin tone and boy do I miss the sweat.

I've been searching for new inspiration.  I joined the gym I used to belong to when I was doing fitness competitions, it just wasn't the same.  I started running but couldn't get excited about that either.  These days, I power walk a few times a week and I picked up some exercise bands on Amazon that I bust out occasionally.

What I've been waiting for came to me this morning, an urging from my friend and co-host Ara!  Why don't you blog?  His question was like sparking a match.  I do blog, actually I used to blog...four years ago.

I searched for and found my beloved blog, shockingly I remembered the password and now I feel inspired.  I'm going right now to pick up punch cards at two local fitness studios I've been stalking on Instagram.  Perhaps I'll try out a new protein ball recipe this afternoon.  I feel like just knowing that you're here with me, reading along, will help me get back in the saddle.  Maybe I can even add some flavour and fun to your healthy life journey.

Whatever 'this' turns out to be, it's already having a positive effect on my mood!  Stay tuned as this 'old girl' revs back into high gear!

-T.
Germany with Mario



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can FEAR Be A Good Thing?

As I sit down to compose an entry for this week I find myself at a loss for words.  My mind is going a mile a minute.  What will they want to read about?  I can't talk about that, can I?  Does anybody really care?  So I sit.  Fingers tapping the counter top until the answer mercifully reveals itself and it couldn't be more simple.  JUST WRITE! This blog is for me.  It's not because I'm special, I'm just me.  Raw, open and honest.  That's the best me and it's the me I want to share. Most of us are guilty of spending too much time 'representing' an image.  Caring just a tad too much about what 'they' have to say about the way we live.   Fear of judgment can be crippling.  You know it, I know it. I spent nearly 15 years living one life but dreaming of another.  Fears, all kinds of them, held me back.  Fear of financial hardship, fear of failure, fear of hurting people, fear of being talked about, fear of being the bad guy.  I gave

Quest Bar Cookies!

Hello Friends, Many of you may know that I am a fan of Quest Bars.   Sugar free, gluten free, low carb.  Here's the link for all the nutrional info on them.  www.questproteinbar.com Anyway, I was super excited about the new cookie dough flavour that's been released, but alas, it's not available in Canada....I wanted to try it because my friendly neighbourhood FUEL Supplements store owner, Aaron, told me he heard you could bake them up like little cookies. Well, that got me to thinking.  Why would it be limited to the cookie dough variety, why not peanut butter or apple pie.  With just a few available moments this morning I tried it...so great.  Instead of noshing into a bar, I nibbled on 10 tiny cookies...crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Here's how I did it. I chose to use the Peanut Butter Flavour.  I cut the bar into squares and placed on a tinfoil covered baking sheet, misted with PAM. Into a 325 degree oven for about