Skip to main content

New Flavours!

Happy Friday!

Just want to pass along a couple of kitchen experiments that have gone very well.  Of course I am talking about baked oatmeal, because it's my favourite thing!

First up...Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal!


Start with the basic recipe...(can be found in the 'Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal' post) omit the pumpkin and coconut oil, and I used chocolate protein powder in place of the vanilla protein powder.

Mix all the wet ingredients, and protein powder, plus a scoop of PB2 Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder. (you can find it at www.lowcarbcanada.ca) It's OK if you don't have this...it's still delicious!


Add in the oats, mix, and transer to you greased (PAM or Coconut Oil) ramekin dish.  Now the best part.  A teaspoon of natural peanut butter dolloped right on the top.  Bake 15-17 min at 375.

Add a splash of milk (or not) and enjoy the gooey goodness!!


**Another delicious take on this, is to make the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal...but instead of pumpkin use unsweetened apple sauce!  I added half of one of those single serving containers. Mmmm...with cinnamon and raisins it's delish!!**

Toby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quest Bar Cookies!

Hello Friends, Many of you may know that I am a fan of Quest Bars.   Sugar free, gluten free, low carb.  Here's the link for all the nutrional info on them.  www.questproteinbar.com Anyway, I was super excited about the new cookie dough flavour that's been released, but alas, it's not available in Canada....I wanted to try it because my friendly neighbourhood FUEL Supplements store owner, Aaron, told me he heard you could bake them up like little cookies. Well, that got me to thinking.  Why would it be limited to the cookie dough variety, why not peanut butter or apple pie.  With just a few available moments this morning I tried it...so great.  Instead of noshing into a bar, I nibbled on 10 tiny cookies...crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Here's how I did it. I chose to use the Peanut Butter Flavour.  I cut the bar into squares and placed on a tinfoil covered baking sheet, misted with PAM. ...

Indian Food Intimidation

Hello friends. I have something I need to get off my chest.  For years, I have been intimidated by curry.  I don't know a Vindaloo from a Tikka Masala.  What I do know is that I always enjoy an authentic Indian meal, I just want to be able to cook one myself! Last night a friend put on a fantastic Indian spread...butter chicken (none for me!)  a delicious vegetable curry and a chick pea curry.  There was of course naan bread and basmati rice.  Delicious.  Today I was inspired...I entered the grocery store without a list or any concrete plan.  I just knew I wanted a curry dish, I knew what I wanted in it and how it should look and taste.  Brave I know...but this story has a happy ending. I grabbed all my vegetables first.  Onion, garlic, red pepper, cauliflower, potato and peas.  I moved on to organic chick peas, light coconut milk and brown basmati rice.  A great base...but then the curry conundrum.  I appr...

New Life, New Job, Same Goals

Hi Friends! It's been a while.  I lost my blogging mo-jo a few years back just before everything in my life changed.  I've been through a time of extreme reflection, growth and change.  I left my marriage in 2017, started an amazing new job at Kelowna's NEW 103.1 Beach Radio in the spring of 2018 and somewhere in there found the love of my life. This period of adjustment has been at it's core, a shift to happiness.   Ensuring my daughters are happy and secure in the new arrangement has been of paramount importance.   This transition has been so worth while but as with any new journey some of the old, familiar things fall by the wayside.   If you follow me on social media or if you read this blog when it was active (2011-2014), you know that healthy eating and exercise have always been part of my daily life. Through my 20's and 30's, I was up and out of bed at the crack of dawn running, riding or doing some form of exercise.  I...